[et_pb_column type=»4_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=»Text»]Interested in becoming a member of Adelphi Friends Meeting? Here’s how it works:
- Write a letter to the Clerk stating that you wish to apply for membership. Include a little about yourself, such as:
- How long have you been attending?
- How involved are you?
- What makes you want to be a member?
- How has your faith journey been?
- Drop that letter in the Clerk’s inbox (in the hallway, with the grid of inboxes)
- The Clerk will read your letter at the next business meeting
- Someone from the Pastoral Care committee will call you to ask who you’d like to have on your clearness committee
- The Pastoral Care representative will schedule a clearness committee meeting
- At the clearness committee meeting, the others will ask you questions about your faith journey, your relationship with wider Quakerism, and how you see your relationship as a member going forward.
- The clearness committee will craft a recommendation, which will be presented at the following business meeting.
- The community will accept or reject the recommendation of the clearness committee.